Saturday 18 January 2014

Music to my ears
I’m not sure about you but I cannot exercise without my iPod plugged in?! Obvious reasons are that it distracts & motivates me to carry on pounding the treadmill for longer but actual research has shown that listening to music can improve your performance, increasing your endurance by 15%, and your movement will likely follow the tempo of the song.
Your body may be simply responding to the beat on a more or less subconscious level, but the type and tempo of the music you choose while working out may also influence your conscious motivation, so get some tunes on and get moving! 
Research also showed that listening to music while exercising boosted cognitive levels and verbal fluency skills in people diagnosed with coronary artery disease
I love these DVF headphones to get the beats going! 

No comments:

Post a Comment